My new Shaker doors arrived last Friday but Chris and Rebecca from R & C Cabinetry were booked so today was the day for the install. We had a little confusion because I thought Chris was picking up the trim paint and he thought Swedish Door Co., who supplied the doors for the cabinets, would be including it. Anyway, I managed to track down a quart of paint in the same finish from Bond’s on Bank Street and got to them so they could finish their work.
Here’s the before:
And here’s the after:
Here’s another before:
And yet another:
Don’t they look great? All new soft close hinges as well. Chris and Rebecca did a great job and are highly recommended!
I was painting the powder room on Sunday and realized the tile floor was cracked in places (we put in better lighting in the form of pot lights to replace an old fluorescent bulb and that’s when I could see the cracks.) I’ve asked Alex to retile it — I’m using these black and white encaustic tiles from Lowes so it will be a little gem when we’re done. He’ll start tomorrow. Which means I’ll be over budget a little, but once I get started, I want to do it right!
And for those of you have asked, little Scout is recovering very well! He is still confined, but is wagging his tail and standing up on his own. Surgeon says it will take him 6-8 weeks to fully heal, but he’s very happy with the progress he’s making so far!